Be Educated in Christ
Christian Life & Service Seminar
God wants you to take your next step spiritually. Whether that means getting baptized, committing to digging into the Bible each day, discovering how God wants to use you to help others, or just learning more about God’s plan for your life. New Kent Christian Center’s classes are all about those next steps.
March 18th at 5pm • Dinner Provided
C.L.A.S.S. Sign Up - Now Enrolling for 301 + 401
If you are interested in joining New Kent Christian Center or would like to know more about us, this is the CLASS for you. In this basic introduction to our church family, you will enjoy hearing the story of New Kent Christian Center and some of the amazing things God has done for us. You’ll also learn about our beliefs on salvation, our statements of purpose, our strategy and structure and our vision for the future.
This CLASS will teach you how the five biblical purposes are necessary to fulfill God’s calling for your life and help you get started on that calling.
Each CLASS 101 session is filled with opportunities to ask questions about the church and become a part of our family!
We strongly believe that to be all God wants us to be we must make some basic commitments. In CLASS 201, we learn how to develop habits of spiritual discipline in our lives which build our faith and prayer life. Our understanding of God’s Word raises the level of our relationship with other Christians. As part of the family of God, we need to grow; it is His plan that we grow.
If you have been a Christian for many years or are a brand new believer just beginning your walk, this class is for you. CLASS 201 is held on a regular basis and is open to those that have completed CLASS 101 (all classes build on one another).
We focus on four specific areas in CLASS 201
- Daily Quiet Time: We learn the importance of spending quality time alone with our Father. Prayer is our conversation with God.
- Daily Bible Reading: We talk about the value of memorizing scripture and learning to study the Bible.
- Tithing: Learning that everything belongs to God and we are to give back to him with a cheerful heart.
- Fellowship: Our relationship to God is directly related to your relationship to others. We build relationships with others by connecting in Small Groups.
God didn’t design ministry for just a few with seminary degrees. At New Kent Christian Center, every member of the church is a minister. This is what CLASS 301 is all about. Through the S.H.A.P.E. process, you’ll learn how God can use your Spiritual Gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, and Experience to minister to others in need.
The focus of CLASS 301 is to help you find your S.H.A.P.E.
S – Spiritual Gifts – Spiritual Gifts are special abilities God gave you when you started following Him. God gives us these gifts to build up our church family and reach out to the world with Christ’s love.
H – Heart – God gives each of us a unique passion for particular activities, subjects, and circumstances. God uses those things we feel deeply about to show us where we can serve without quickly burning out.
A – Abilities – You have abilities, given to you before you accepted Christ, that God can use. Those abilities will help you in ministry.
P – Personality – God can use your personality. God can use all of us, whether we’re extroverts or introverts; whether we enjoy routine or variety.
E – Experiences – God has placed a multitude of experiences in your life to help mold you for ministry. God can use many of our experiences in our background to help heal hurts in our church and in our community.
By attending Class 301, determining your S.H.A.P.E., and meeting with a ministry guide, you will complete the discovery process for the way God has uniquely designed you to serve in ministry.
Class 301 is held on a regular basis and registration is open to all members who have completed Classes 101 and 201.
In CLASS 401 we talk about your life mission and how God planned that mission long before you were born! We talk about how fulfilling your mission brings glory to God. We will also discuss how your primary task in life is to fulfill that mission! In Class 401 you’ll discover your life mission and how you can be a part of God’s plan to reach out to the world. This class will help you:
- Develop a personal perspective of the Gospel message
- Develop your personal story of how God has worked in your life
- Build confidence in sharing your story
- Understand the P.E.A.C.E. Plan and how you can begin to be a part of it either locally or globally
CLASS 401 is broken up into four distinct sessions:
- In Session 1 we will talk about why God created us and Jesus’ mission on earth and why that matters to you.
- In Session 2 we will talk about your testimony and how to share that with others and lead them to receive Christ.
- In Session 3 we will learn about becoming “fishers of men!” We will learn how to spiritually fish and how people come to Christ. You will learn about building a bridge of friendship with others.
- In Session 4 we conclude CLASS 401 and deals with becoming a world-class Christian.
For your security, please type the answer to the math equation that appears above into the entry box.
New Kent Christian Center Office
Messages sent from this form will be directed to the NKCC Main Office. We will do our best to respond to your emails in a timely fashion or forward your messages to the ministry leaders.
You are also welcome to call our office at 804.557.3323 with any questions!